About Me

My Photo
I am a social worker and a school-based therapist. I thrive on helping others improve their lives! This blog includes links to sites and ideas I've learned from therapists, educators, and others online that make my work with my clients more effective and meaningful. Hopefully they will be helpful to you as well! Because I am a school-based therapist, a majority of my posts relate to that age group, but you can hopefully find ideas that will help you out regardless. Please also check out my various [Therapeutic Interventions] boards on Pinterest for MANY more fantastic ideas and resources (click on Follow Me On Pinterest below), or go to Pinterest.com/carlycollins My wish is that this will become a forum for open sharing of ideas. Please feel free to share your own ideas as well. We are each others' greatest assets in this field!! You can share yours at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Therapeutic-Interventions/118368134921723

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Verbs Commonly Used to Document Interventions

I use this list all the time in my documentation for DMH notes, and thought some of you might find it helpful and useful. Hope it helps! 


Anyone have any similar lists you use? I'd love to see more ideas!


VERBS COMMONLY USED TO DOCUMENT INTERVENTIONS
Acknowledged attempts to...
Addressed ct's concerns...
Affirmed...
Asked about...
Assessed suicide potential...
Assessed for...
Assigned ct to keep a journal/homework...
Assisted ct in/with...
Built rapport by...
Clarified/Sought clarification...
Commended...
Contracted for...
Developed a contingency plan...
Discussed...
Directed/Redirected...
Established boundaries...
Elicited...
Encouraged...
Engaged in role play...
Examined benefits/consequences...
Explained...
Explored options...
Evaluated...
Facilitated...
Focused on...
Guided...
Helped ct develop...
Identified...
Inquired about...
Informed...
Investigated...
Led ct in practicing...
Modeled...
Normalized ct's feelings...
Praised...
Pointed out consequences...
Processed fears...
Provided feedback...
Reflected...
Refocused...
Reframed...
Reinforced...
Responded to...
Reviewed limits...
Recommended...
Set limits...
Validated ct's point...
Verbalized...
Used joining techniques to engage ct through play...

1 comment:

  1. very helpful list for new therapist trying to get a better command of therapy notes through a fleeting day!

    ReplyDelete